Hedge Fund, Mutual Fund, Family Office:
- What do I do to develop the skills to become a buy-side research analyst?
- What is my investment style?
- What funds align with my style?
- Where do I start when I analyze a company?
- What makes a good stock pitch?
- Will an MBA help me break into the buy-side?
- Is my stock pitch good enough to win the offer?
- How do I diligence a fund and its founder?
- Culture, comp, progression of ABC fund?
- Is the grass greener at another fund, or in private equity or venture capital?
Sell-side Equity Research:
- How do I get into research if research firms don't come to my campus?
- How do I break into research from a non-finance professional background?
- What are good questions to ask during an info session / interview?
- Is John Smith at [investment bank A or boutique A] a good analyst to work for?
- Is [sector A] a good sector to cover for next 5 years?
- Can you introduce me to people working in equity research?
- What are my exit options? When is the right time to leave?
- How to overcome concerns / prejudice the buy-siders have about us?